Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cherry Blossom Fudge: Phail

Well, I've been collecting fudge recipes to experiment with in preparation of the upcoming show in a few months. Here's the ones Laurel and me want to test out so far:
  • coffee house fudge
  • cherry blossom fudge
  • peanut butter fudge
  • pumpkin fudge
  • christmas maple fudge
  • no-cook, never fail fudge
  • vanilla fudge
  • christmas cranberry fudge
  • cookies and cream fudge
  • cherry eggnog fudge
  • holiday peppermint fudge
  • chocolate chip fudge
  • mint chocolate fudge
  • whoppers fudge
  • brown sugar fudge
Keep in mind, these are just for experimenting. We wanna try as many as we can, so we can choose the best recipes we find to sell at the show.
Anyways, I decided to try the coffee house fudge and the cherry blossom fudge this afternoon. They're both chillin out in the fridge right now, but so far the coffee house fudge i believe is gonna be awesome. The cherry one, however, I think is a major phailure. Yes, phailure. A total, complete, hopeless, desolate, catastrophic, abortive, unsuccessful, p-h-a-i-l-u-r-e. Not just failure, no, but a phailure. you get the point.
It turned out all...chunkafied. When I stirred the cherry jello mix in (actually it was raspberry...in my mom's whole drawer full of jello, and yes, she has a jello drawer, there wasn't one cherry jello box. So I used raspberry instead), it turned all chunky and grainy. Then I stirred the butter and chocolate and other ingredients in, but it didn't help. It got all runny on the edges, the rest was a mushy grainy mess. Disgusted, I spread it in the pan and shoved it as far back into the darkest corner of my fridge I could find, so I wouldn't have to look at it's ugly wretchedness next time I opened the fridge. I'll test it later, when I've done crying my eyes out and wailing in utter failure.

Goodbye for now, faithful readers and friends.

~lacey
"Life is short. Eat dessert first."
-Ernestine Ulmer


P.S. I'm not all that dramatic about fudge. I just like to write dramatically to make it more fun for you to read. I've only cried over food like...twice. Ok, thrice maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA.
Your blog posts make me laugh so hard!
Danke...