Yesterday (Sunday) I was browsing around online, basically wasting time in the form of facebook, when my friend Steph jokingly asked me to make her a cake, (she lives in texas) so I said sure, why not. Obviously, she wouldn't get to eat it, due to the some 2,000 or so miles that lay between us, but I like to torture my friends so I would do it anyways :)
She asked for 'a big fluffy chocolate cake with fluffy caramel filling'. The first thing I thought to myself was, 'How the heck do you make caramel fluffy?!' She said I'm the mad baker woman, figure it out.
I already have an awesome chocolate cake recipe, so I went searching for a caramel filling recipe. I found this recipe, and made the caramel filling, omitting the nuts all together. I also made a chocolate ganache to put over the top, though I didn't have heavy cream so I used half & half instead and it turned out splendidly.
There now, gaze at it's beauty as I finish the story.I ate the cake. And I told Steph about how she missed it.
The end!
~lacey
"I...wish...I...could...EAT IT!!!!!"
-Steph Ferguson
P.S. The caramel wasn't fluffy. But I called it fluffy to make her happy. And it tasted as if it shouldn't have been fluffy, but it wasn't. Oh well. If anyone knows how to make fluffy caramel, please tell me.

4 comments:
A cake with caramel filling? Oh, I'm wishing I had a piece, too!
oh my glowsticks!!! thats my cake!!!!! :)))))))))))
~steph
Lacey, quick and funny... your stories are the best :) I can't wait to see what you whip up for my birthday... so you can eat it for me :)
Patsy-it was awesome. definitly a great combination. i haven't done alot with caramel in my life, but it compliments the chocolate well.
Adam-just tell me when your day is and i'll make something for me to eat :P
Post a Comment