Monday, October 13, 2008

Tomato & Basil Bruschetta

Doesn't bruschetta sound some really fancy dish you'd get at an expensive italian restaurant? Well now that I think of it, it doesn't really sound like that so much anymore...but before I made it, it did sound fancy! Basically what bruschetta is, its a topping to eat on a french bread or other country-type bread as an appetizer. I had been wanting to make some for some time, and a few weeks ago Patsyk at her blog mentioned a recipe she used, and so I really wanted to make it to. so i did!
I just made the traditional tomato-basil bruschetta. And the bread I used was a garlic bread I made, but, as you can tell, I toasted them too long. Oh well, it was tasty nonetheless.
Mom made some lasagna soup for dinner the same night. I didn't get any blog-worthy photos though, because all my family was there and they were impatient to eat. So, oh well. you'll just have to be satisfied with the fact that I'm telling you it was pretty decadent. And lasagna soup is on the menu for class on Tuesday, so I'm curious to see how different each recipe may be. Decadent is a good word, btw.

I don't have much else to say to you right now. So I'll be off to feed the dogs and my dad. Not together, of course :P

~lacey
“Good manners: The noise you don't make when you're eating soup.”
-Bennett Cerf

8 comments:

Adam said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm always up for new readers. I'm glad you liked the gym etiquette, that is stuff that makes me laugh all the time :)

Nice job on the bruschetta, it's funny how easy it is, but it's still so tasty. Lasagna soup? Now I'm curious.

Pam said...

I love bruschetta. It's easy to make and tastes fantastic. The lasagna soup sounds really good...looking forward to the recipe.

Patsyk said...

I'm so happy you made bruschetta! It's really so easy to make.

That lasagna soup sounds interesting to me too... I'd love to read more!

Pandora said...

I wasn't hungry until I read your blog :/

You always do that to me *cry*

You need to make that for Mandy and Randy's wedding.

anudivya said...

Got hooked onto Bruschetta ever since I had it in an Italian restaurant. Yours looks great. And I am quite curious about the soup, when do we get the recipe? :)

The P & A Food Chronicles said...

omg i love bruscheta... i make it a home... and i eat it at work and i just love it~~~~

Anonymous said...

Your photos really made me hungry ... when you have your shop I'll try to come and visit ... even if it means traveling around half the globe ... it will be worth every inch of travel.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.