
I made some.
see!
And it was delicious. I love making bread, and I usually use some whole wheat flour in them, but this time I did all whole wheat. We ate it with some bean soup my mom made for dinner, and they went together really good. I found the recipe in my mom's Laurel's Kitchen bread book. Well actually it was called "fresh milk bread", but I didn't have fresh milk so I'm calling it whole wheat milk bread. so there!
Fresh Milk Bread
2 c. fresh whole milk
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
6 c. whole wheat bread flour
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. more water
2 tbs. cool butter
Scald the milk and cool to lukewarm. Stir in the honey. Dissolve the yeast into the warm water. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center of mixture. Pour milk mixture and yeast mixture into well. Stir from the center outward, until all the flour is mixed in, making a stiff dough. Knead for about 15 minutes without adding extra flour. Use the extra water on your hands to keep dough from sticking, if necessary. Knead in the butter in bits, and work the dough until it is silky. Form the dough into a ball and let it rise four about an hour and a half. Punch the dough down, then let rise a second time for about 30 minutes. Punch down once again, divide dough into two parts and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in a 350F oven for about 40 minutes. Cool.
I have a new layout, as I'm sure you've noticed, unless this is the first time seeing my blog, or your eyesight is failing, in which case, you should go see an optometrist right away, just make sure they are not hypnotists in disguise as eye doctors, and if that be the case, I suggest you call a detective right away, just make sure he's not a villain in disguise as well, much like the optometrist.
But I like my new layout, for now. I'm learning xml formatting, so eventually I'll build my own layout when I get more familiar with it. For now, I like this.
Oh and excuse the fact that the quote at the end makes no sense. A friend made it up. And if it takes the rest of my life pondering the deep meaning of it, I'll spend sleepless nights infinite doing just that.
~lacey
"Bread and butter, peanutgutter"
-Konstantinos Georgiadis
2 c. fresh whole milk
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. active dry yeast
1/2 c. warm water
6 c. whole wheat bread flour
2 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. more water
2 tbs. cool butter
Scald the milk and cool to lukewarm. Stir in the honey. Dissolve the yeast into the warm water. In a separate bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center of mixture. Pour milk mixture and yeast mixture into well. Stir from the center outward, until all the flour is mixed in, making a stiff dough. Knead for about 15 minutes without adding extra flour. Use the extra water on your hands to keep dough from sticking, if necessary. Knead in the butter in bits, and work the dough until it is silky. Form the dough into a ball and let it rise four about an hour and a half. Punch the dough down, then let rise a second time for about 30 minutes. Punch down once again, divide dough into two parts and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise for another 30 minutes. Bake in a 350F oven for about 40 minutes. Cool.
I have a new layout, as I'm sure you've noticed, unless this is the first time seeing my blog, or your eyesight is failing, in which case, you should go see an optometrist right away, just make sure they are not hypnotists in disguise as eye doctors, and if that be the case, I suggest you call a detective right away, just make sure he's not a villain in disguise as well, much like the optometrist.
But I like my new layout, for now. I'm learning xml formatting, so eventually I'll build my own layout when I get more familiar with it. For now, I like this.
Oh and excuse the fact that the quote at the end makes no sense. A friend made it up. And if it takes the rest of my life pondering the deep meaning of it, I'll spend sleepless nights infinite doing just that.
~lacey
"Bread and butter, peanutgutter"
-Konstantinos Georgiadis

5 comments:
I love homemade bread and this loaf looks perfect. I really need to try more bread baking!
I have got to get over my fear of baking yeast bread! This looks fabulous!
You have a cool blog, love the milk bread recipe... will try it sometime.
I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link
Great post! Thanks so much!
Post a Comment