Lasagna Soup
1 lb ground beef (we're vegetarians, so we used 1 lb of TVP)
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped (we had red, so we used red!)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
32 oz chicken broth (we just used chicken seasonings, no extra liquid)
28 oz. cans of petite decided tomatoes
15 oz. tomato sauce
1 tbs. packed brown sugar (we left this out. My dad hates sweet meals)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. broken lasagna noodles
5 oz. parmesan cheese
croutons to serve
shredded mozzarella to serve (we used cubed)
In a large dutch oven (or crockpot) combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garli; cook over medium-high heat, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, Italian seasonings and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles until done. Add to soup.
Stir in parmesan.
Preheat broiler. Ladel soup into 10 ovenproof bowls. Top with croutons; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Broil soups, 6 inches from heat, 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve immediatly.
(Rather than go the extra mile and do the elaborate soup-broiling goodness, we served the soup in soup bowls and served immediatly with croutons and mozzarella cubes.)
And there you have it. I still don't have pictures, but oh well. I trust everyone to make it well enough to deserve their own pictures, worthy of blogging.
Also! I swiped the recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Adam's blog-Baking with Dynamite. I woke up a bit sick this morning and decided to bake so I might possibly feel better. So I did. And I do feel better. Especially after eating it.

The only thing I changed, obviously, is I put chocolate chips on top, rather than toasted coconut. It was different for me, following a recipe so much to the T. I usually end up changing it completely, but I managed to refrain this once, after seeing how good his looked. It was worth it.
So that's it. Please, stop the rioting now, and if I find one more note attached to a rock hurled at my house, begging for the soup recipe, I will have to call Moulder and Scully.
seeya.
~lacey
“Good manners: The noise you don't make when you're eating soup.”
-Bennett Cerf
1 lb ground beef (we're vegetarians, so we used 1 lb of TVP)
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped (we had red, so we used red!)
3 cloves of garlic, minced
32 oz chicken broth (we just used chicken seasonings, no extra liquid)
28 oz. cans of petite decided tomatoes
15 oz. tomato sauce
1 tbs. packed brown sugar (we left this out. My dad hates sweet meals)
2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. broken lasagna noodles
5 oz. parmesan cheese
croutons to serve
shredded mozzarella to serve (we used cubed)
In a large dutch oven (or crockpot) combine ground beef, onion, bell pepper and garli; cook over medium-high heat, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, Italian seasonings and salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook lasagna noodles until done. Add to soup.
Stir in parmesan.
Preheat broiler. Ladel soup into 10 ovenproof bowls. Top with croutons; sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Broil soups, 6 inches from heat, 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve immediatly.
(Rather than go the extra mile and do the elaborate soup-broiling goodness, we served the soup in soup bowls and served immediatly with croutons and mozzarella cubes.)
And there you have it. I still don't have pictures, but oh well. I trust everyone to make it well enough to deserve their own pictures, worthy of blogging.
Also! I swiped the recipe for Peanut Butter Banana Bread from Adam's blog-Baking with Dynamite. I woke up a bit sick this morning and decided to bake so I might possibly feel better. So I did. And I do feel better. Especially after eating it.

The only thing I changed, obviously, is I put chocolate chips on top, rather than toasted coconut. It was different for me, following a recipe so much to the T. I usually end up changing it completely, but I managed to refrain this once, after seeing how good his looked. It was worth it.
So that's it. Please, stop the rioting now, and if I find one more note attached to a rock hurled at my house, begging for the soup recipe, I will have to call Moulder and Scully.
seeya.
~lacey
“Good manners: The noise you don't make when you're eating soup.”
-Bennett Cerf

7 comments:
Thank you for sharing that recipe! I'm totally marking it to make sometime in the next few weeks... it sounds awesome!
Wow.. this lasagna soup sounds warming and homey! Can't wait till you open your bakery.. your desserts look fantastic!
I love lasagna soup! Thanks for sharing!
Ah the lasagna soup... it sounds so hearty and delicious :)
Hey, that's my bread! Haha, I'm flattered :) I'm glad it helped make you feel better... and now I EVEN feel better knowing you liked it. Total sweetness, my new blog bud. High Five :)
WOW - that banana bread looks heavenly!
Lasagna soup sounds so creative. Thanks for sharing. I must say that bread also looks amazing. I may have to try that recipe.
LOL! There it is, I was about to buzz you again!
Love that you have a substitute for meat with TVP.
Thanks for putting the recipe up.
Post a Comment