Monday, April 27, 2009

DB Challenge: Cheesecake

The April 2009 challenge is hosted by Jenny from Jenny Bakes. She has chosen Abbey's Infamous Cheesecake as the challenge.

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesecaaaaaaaaaaakee!!!

I love cheesecake. I LOVE cheesecake! I LOVE CHEESECAKE!!

*ahem*

Ok so I love cheesecake. I was excited for this months challenge, because it was...uh, well, cheesecake. And like I said, I love cheesecake.
I made miniature cheesecakes for Easter. I made three variations I came up with myself, Carmel Pecan, Chocolate Orange Espresso, and Strawberry. My favorite was the caramel pecan, though I think everyone liked the espresso best.
I have to say, also, it wasn't my favorite recipe to use. It was delicious, no doubt, but it seemed to lack a little of the classic cheesecake taste to me. It was good, though, perfect springboard to try new things. You can find the recipe in the link given above.

Ta-ta!
~lacey

18 comments:

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Great combinations!

Unknown said...

Oooh, chocolate orange espresso. I'll take a slice of that, please! ;)

Sara said...

Oooh, I love all the little cheesecakes! The pecan one sounds the best to me too, but they are all really cute and sound delicious. :)

Unknown said...

I think I would enjoy all three of those...great job!

Dragon said...

You are so creative! Great job on this month's challenge.

Patsyk said...

They look so cute! I love the mini cheesecakes which allow you to try more than one flavor combination. You came up with some great ones!

ice tea: sugar high said...

Yum yum.. those are sure one tasty flavours! The caramel pecan and the espresso sounds heavenly.

Chantal said...

Oh wow, looks like you went cheesecake crazy, or maybe you were already there and DB gave you the perfect reason for a relapse...they look adorable!

Christina said...

I would definitely eat one of each flavor! Or maybe two or three of each :) Great job!

jen said...

I;d be hard-pressed to pick a favourite, so I would just have to dig in and try them all,eventually narrowing them down to one...or two. You did a wonderful job!

Lauren said...

Mmm, your cheesecake looks amazing!! I love the flavours you used =D.

The Irreverent Cook said...

Very cute! It's all that dark chocolate-ty look of the expresso cups...who can resist that?! And my sister did mention that the cheesecake tasted a little egg-ier than other recipes...

Anonymous said...

Cool flavors! It's so much fun making mini ones!

Melissa said...

The pecan sounds really yummy!! How did you do it? !?

Lacey said...

Thanks for the many comments!!

Melissapher-I toasted 2 c. chopped pecans with with one egg white, 1/2 c. white sugar, and a little cinnamon in a 250 F oven for about an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so. They are awesome as a snack too :)

Audax Artifex said...

Carmel Pecan, Chocolate Orange Espresso, and Strawberry. WOW what great flavour combinations I like the look of your pixs. Great effort on this challenge.

Debbier said...

Caramel pecan would be my choice! Your flavor combinations sound like winners!

Unknown said...

Cute little cheesecakelets, and I love your enthusiasm. Sorry I am late in getting to your post. I’m determined to visit each of the 1k+ Daring Bakers who did this challenge. Thanks for being a part of it!

Jenny of JennyBakes