The May Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Linda of make life sweeter! and Courtney of Coco Cooks. They chose Apple Strudel from the recipe book Kaffeehaus: Exquisite Desserts from the Classic Cafés of Vienna, Budapest and Prague by Rick Rodgers.
Soooooooooo, I made some! I chose to make cream cheese, sundried tomato, carmelized onion, mozzerella, and olive strudel. Well, I forgot the olives. go figure. Anyway! It was fun. And delicious. Well no, the ends of it were pretty boring, but once you got to the center where all the filling is, the bleding of the flaky buttery crust with the complimentary flavors inside was spectacular.
The big black spot looks a little mysterious, I know! But if you don't know its the tomatoes, it could be sort of an adventure seeing what it tastes like, right?!~lacey

2 comments:
I can have a cream cheese, sundried tomato, carmelized onion, mozzerella, and olive strude - without the olives. Looks smashing and great choice of filling a savoury one. Thin and flaky pastry well done on this very late challenge. Cheers Audax in Australia.
Looks delish! Good idea with the savory ingredients.
Post a Comment