I hate to start this blog out with a pathetic crappy picture of something so awesome as flour-less chocolate cake, but what can I say? I had plans to take good pictures of it before we ate it, but april had to go so she took bites out of it with her fork and ran. I could have protested until I had some good shots, but by that time the mint was already hopelessly wilted and the powdered sugar was starting to dissolve, and it was 12 am, so I didn't care much anymore. All I wanted was a slice of that cake.Now, unless you've eaten flour-less chocolate cake yourself before, you have no idea what you are missing out on. It's probably the richest, most chocolatey-est, wonderfully sweet and pleasureful confection you can ever ever eat. The picture does it no justice. "That's pure sin on a plate, that's what that is," as my brother-in-law described it. It's just unbelievable. I want to bake each of you a flour-less chocolate cake sometime in your life. I will do it.
The newest exciting news around the house-we got a new oveeeeeeeennnnnnn!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D See how much I looooooooove it. It's beautiful. I love it. Our old oven was a complete mess. It
served us very well while we had it, but it's time had passed a long time ago. When they delivered our new one on tuesday, me and mom spent at least 10 minutes marveling at how well the door opened and closed without a sound (our old oven only opened about halfway, and not without a tired old screech ringing throughout the house. And it never closed all the way either which made it impossible to heat up in a decent amount of time...all the while heating the kitchen up as well from the escaping hot air to about a million degrees) I'm so happy with our new oven. It has a broiler on the inside! That may seem old-hat to you guys, but our old oven had a broiler built into the bottom, which was impossible to use because no decent sized pan would fit into it, and every time it was opened it dropped tons of burnt up charcoal and turn our floor black right under it. In fact, the dude that came out to look at our oven said they don't even make ovens with broilers like that anymore. hah.So anyways, we had oven sandwiches in it last night. Nothing fancy really, just tomatoes, cheddar, olive oil, basil, garlic. I was able to switch the oven light on and look through the window to see if they were done yet! (yeah...our old oven had no light and no window on the front... :D)
I'll be off now to bake some bread or something. I wanted to make olive bread, but we have no olives, so that won't work. I'm going to try a new recipe. I don't know what yet, but I'll find something.
goodbye.
~lacey
“A cook, when I dine, seems to me a divine being, who from the depths of his kitchen rules the human race. One considers him as a minister of heaven, because his kitchen is a temple, in which his ovens are the altar.”
~Marc Antoine Désaugiers

1 comment:
I loooooooooooooove the pic of you hugging the oven. Who needs a man when you have that hunk of hawtness to cuddle with? :P
Post a Comment