Unfortunately, with the start up of school last week, I've been pretty busy getting papers and other boring stuff sorted out and I haven't had a whole lot of time to do much in the kitchen. I
did make some chow mein a few weeks ago,
which turned out pretty much mouth-watering. I have a few pics to share of that, chopping onions over there <--- and the finish product in our wok down there. The recipe I used, (I actually used one this time!) was a mock recipe for *official* panda express chow mein, but, in my opinion, it tasted better than their stuff ;) I made egg rolls too, but the pictures I took of them turned out crappy because my lighting was leaving me and I was too lazy to set the ott light up. So I'll just have to trust your imagination to conjure up an image of the best tasting egg rolls you can imagine ever eating, along with the best sweet and sour sauce you've ever eaten as well. Your probably wondering whats the deal with the Chinese food. And, unless you are an old hermit who lives in the mountains or possibly a deserted island somewhere off the coast of Bora Bora, you will probably assume it's because of the recent Olympic games that are held in China this year. Well congratulations, you are correct. Watching all those Chinese people all over the tv made me want to eat their food, so I made some myself. Smart, huh? I made some tomato-basil bread on Friday night, when I was too antsy over the current baby situation to do anything but bake. It was delicious (of course!) but I've realized my recipe needs some perfecting. The bread is a bit too dense and I need to fix that....somehow. As far as school goes, I got two classes out of three that I wanted to take. Computer concepts and Cooking for a Healthy Lifestyle. I must say, the computer class is pretty boring so far, but my teacher, Mr. Pachutto, seems cool. Plus! His name is really fun to say. Say it, Pah-chew-toe! yipee. My nutrition class is actually a bit boring so far too...I don't mean to be vain, but I already know everything being covered in the class so far. I can't wait until our lab days start though, and we get to actually cook. My sister Laurel finally got herself a culinary blog set up, ( allnaturalbakerwoman.blogspot.com ) go see it too! I added her and some other blogs and websites to some lists on the right, so you can check them out anytime you like. Ok I think that's it for now. I will write again soon, because baking competition is coming up for our county fair, which is coming up in a few weeks. Hm. I don't know why, but this link won't stop linking itself. STOP! Eeep! It's like a never-ending link that's following me, watching everything I type and think!!! RUN RUN!!!! AIIYEEEE!!!!Oh phew. All I had to do was insert a new paragraph. That was a bit frightening.
And I'm off! *whoosh*
~lacey
"I always wondered why babies spent so much time sucking their thumbs. Then I tasted baby food."
~Robert Orben

No comments:
Post a Comment