Last week my nephews and neices came over and we made some lemon bread. I don't remember what it was called...but anyways it turned out pretty good. It was a bit dense but still had a really good texture. When you get it out of the oven you pour a lemon glaze over it, which soaks into the bread as it cools and makes it really moist and gives it a good strong citrus flavor. The kids had fun making it. I was trying to teach my 8 yr old nephew how to crack eggs...he like to try to just stick his thumbs in it and hope it cracks open right. Of course it doesn't and egg shell is all over the place...haha...but it was cool, they are learning. And my neice got angry because there were only two eggs to crack and she insisted I let her do one. But I didn't. I'm a bad auntie.
Oh and I'm baking more brioche...I got my sister to buy me some butter, so I made some more. It's in the kitchen rising right now. I'll bake it soon and eat the whole loaf. hah!
Oh btw I took pictures of the lemon bread but they turned out ugly. So I won't show you.
On the subject of school, I have a computers class and a nutrition class. I already know most everything they are teaching so I get bored. But I have to have those classes if I want the dang certificate. So I'll still do them. And the homework...which I need to do now...before Tuesday...bleh. Well Mr. Pachutto usually has some good stories, so at least that is a bit interesting. And we start lab next week in nutrition, so we'll see how that goes.....
I was going to bake again the other night, after making that lemon bread, but for one reason or another I just didn't. And I didn't sleep well that night either because of it. I suppose that's the reason why I decided to make brioche, to satisfy the fact that I didn't bake the night before. I wonder if I talked in my sleep that night, like I usually do when I don't bake when I say I will.
well shoot. This is a boring post because I don't have any pictures. I will bake more and more this week and make a blog with pictures sometime soon. I'll go bake my bread. You go....do..something. goodbye.
~lacey
"There are people in this world that are so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
~Mahatma Ghandi

1 comment:
you will be proud of me, lace. I cooked spaghetti on Monday and it was gooooood.
-steph
Post a Comment