Last tuesday I made those pizzas I mentioned. They were pretty good. And I took pics, but they turned out kinda crappy, so I won't show you. One of the pizzas had artichoke hearts, parmesan, cheddar cheese, and thyme. The other had mushrooms and mozzarella. I mad a tomato sauce for both of them too, and the crust was a recipe I made up myself awhile back.
On saturday I made a bunch of stuff. After getting requests from family to bake more blueberry muffins and ship them their way, I made another batch and a half. I filled them up much fuller this time and they got nice and big. They don't look nearly as good in the pic as they do in rl...guess that's the price you must pay for reading my blog. Poor you. They taste excellent, too. My dad got one that was almost all blueberry, while, naturally, the one I ate had like one in it >:|Oh yes, then I baked some peanut butter peanut chocolate chip cookies. They are like a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie with peanuts in them. Obviously, from the title you know that.
Unless your slow, in which case I'll say it again, the cookies I made were peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips and peanuts in them. I hate 4, so I won't say it again. I made the cookies huge man-sized cookies, or at least I thought they would be, but they didn't spread out as much as I thought they would, so they were more like skinny-man cookies. hm. I don't like skinny men. But the cookies were awesome.Also for dinner I made baked ziti, which is an italian dish. Basically just ziti noodles baked with mushrooms, tomato sauce, cheese, and some other stuff. I wish I had baked garlic in with it, but I didn't think of it until it was too late. But it was good anyways. Not so great as some people said it would've been, but it was good.
oh and I made garlic bread again to go with it. Only this time I added some sharp cheddar in with the dough, which ended up melting and blending with the dough so you couldn't really tell anyways. But it made it a whole lot more moist, verging on dense. And I noticed having cheese in
the dough makes it break a whole lot easier. I baked it with cheese on the top too which was excellent. I've noticed each time I make this bread I tend to put more and more garlic each time. Which is great, because I love garlic. Theres a garlic plant in a town nearby, and every time we'd drive by when I was a kid I'd inhale it as much as I could, while my siblings all stared at me like I was a weirdo. hah! I know, the pic is crappy, but it was getting late in the day and all my natural light was leaving me. *grumbles*I just made some truffles too, by the way. They are chillin in the fridge right now before I roll them into balls and coat em in cocoa. Someone gave the recipe out on the cheftalk forums, so I thought I'd try it because they said they were easy chocolate truffles that everyone loved. It only took three ingredients. Chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. We don't have any sweetened condensed milk at the moment, so I made some myself (isin't that always the easiest fix? for me anyways :D) So yeP, next time I'll tell how they turned out.
OH! I just remembered. I'm sure I've mentioned how stupid our oven is...if not, I'll just say it's pretty bad. You can't open or close the door all the way, and because of that it takes a million hours to heat up, and the handles for the stove are so worn down you can't touch them unless you burn your hand off. So we've got the dude coming to fix it tomorrow. But heres the thing, if he can't fix it (pray he cant) we get a brand new stove free. I'm tempted to go bang it up somehow so that he really can't fix it for sure. I really hope he can't. That'd be so cool to get a new oven! *giddy*
That's it for now. I'm tired of sitting here. I'll go check on the truffles and think of something else to make.
~lacey
"A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand"
-Unknown

No comments:
Post a Comment