Saturday, March 28, 2009

Banana Cream Pie

I've recently decided that I need to bake more pies. Why? Well, there's a few possible reasons. Maybe while I was sleeping some mad man with an obsession with pies hypnotized me to have an unexplainable need to make pies over and over again, until his pie army is complete and he can finally rule the world thanks to his obsession with pie and skills in hypnotism. Maybe when I was little I experienced a traumatic event involving an unjustified pie of some sort which scarred me for life and has given me the will to bake pies until that pie from my childhood can be redeemed. Maybe I'm really a robot and my programmer programmed me to have an urge to bake pies around this time until I've baked 349238403 of them.
Well, in any case, I baked one. I put together an original recipe for banana cream pie, called my sister and begged her to bring me bananas when she came home, and made it early the next day.
Now, anyone who's ever eaten a pie, baked a pie, seen a pie, or is human, will know that pies require a crust. Here is where I panicked a little. See, with every pie I've made, whether its the lemon meringue I make every Thanksgiving, or some random one I decide to make, like now, I've always managed to fail them in some way. Either they burn, they are undercooked, they fall apart, or they just taste weird, it happens each time, with every pie crust recipe I've ever made. So I thought to myself, "Eh, may as well try making my own from the oodles of information I've acquired in my brain"-ok, that did sound a little robotic, maybe I am a robot afterall!-so I did. I wrote my own recipe and it turned out beautifully. Not to brag or anything, but it was the best pie crust I've ever made.

Rolling it out!


So this concludes all about pie one. I'll make another next week...maybe coconut cream. In fact, it WILL be coconut cream! yay!

Ok, seeya!
~lacey
"Pie is delicious...and yummy...but not as good as cake"*
-Woody Henderson



*I personally disagree but...ah well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE banana cream pie. Yum.