Friday, April 2, 2010

"I AM getting dizzy!"-Oven Sandwiches and other goodies

"Do I look like I'm getting dizzy, Auntie Lacey?"
"Yes, you look very dizzy..."
(giggling) "I think your right, I feel dizzier than I ever have befo-" CRASH!

My niece was just spinning in circles on the coffee table across the room and, being the good aunite that I am, I let her keep spinning. Even though I knew the potential for what did happen was significant, I didn't tell her to stop because I know how she feels. It was always SO annoying when an adult told me to stop doing something that was fun. Well, that was stupid of me. As insinuated from the afore-mentioned crash, she spun out of control and flew off the coffee table, hitting her knee right into her sister's doll stroller. Then she cried and asked me to kiss it.

That has nothing to do with the food I'll tell you about, though. Last night we had oven sandwiches on English muffins. I sauteed some sweet peppers, onion, garlic, kale, carrots and mushrooms. I had fun with the kale because it was the first time I've cooked with it.

I topped the muffins with a jar of sauce (I was feeling a little lazy and didn't make my own... :O )
Then I took orders...I let my nephews and nieces opt out of the veggies, and just have cheese and veggie links on theirs. (Veggie link=hot dog made outta soy.)
Finished muffins:





And, as promised, here's the peanut butter cookies we made yesterday:


I'll have more posts this weekend, with goodies for Easter. Speaking of which, my sister and I gave up chocolate for lent. I know. Ridiculous. But, I've been good so far. I just won't mentioned that m&m I accidently chomped down on a few weeks ago, or the spoon covered in Hershey's syrup I licked...without thinking last night. But hooray! There will be a chocolate feast on Sunday and I can't wait. Chocolate cupcakes here I come!

Oh, and I so can't wait to try the dark cherry mocha at Starbucks next week...anyone tried it?

And now I'm off to bestow band-aids on more owies that are sure to come. I should probably put the coffee table in a different room, too.....

1 comment:

Pandora said...

Dark... cherry... mocha???? WANT!!!!!!!

But now I''m hungry, as always. I must go eat some broccoli now...