Thursday, April 8, 2010

Food from Easter and Tales from a Sick-Ridden Baker

Soo...I've been sick. Late Tuesday evening, I suddenly was overcome with unbearable feelings of nausea and fever-like symptoms. I went to sleep, only to wake up around 1 AM, dreaming about food. My fever was so high, I felt like my body was on fire. And I felt as if I would throw-up in my own bed, as thoughts of the food-filled dreams crept back to me. I started drifting back to sleep, and the dreams of random images of food kept coming back more than once, so I knew I couldn't wait any longer as I rolled out of bed and headed down the hallway.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

And yes, I'm still sick now. Which is a huge bummer because I was supposed to go on a field trip this weekend with my art class. Not sure if that will be happening anymore.....

Know what I've found to be most annoying about being sick? It makes me want to cook and bake like mad. I've been laying here on the couch all day, dreaming of new recipes to try. I've been itching to get up and make something. Everything that comes on TV, I'll see some food and I'll want to go make it more urgently than I ever have. If only I could harness that and make myself feel that way in my lazy moments when I'm not sick...

But, before all this happened, Easter was among us!

Boiling eggs:
Cupcakes!:


Chocolate ones too! (Yes, there's A LOT!):

Hidden Easter egg:

I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to, but oh well. There ya go. And I would post the recipe(s) for the cupcakes, but currently I'm feeling like someone threw their flame torch at me then pushed me in a vat of boiling chocolate pudding, so I'll probably just go lie down now.

Until next time,

"Easter says you can put truth in a grave, but it won't stay there." ~ Clarence W. Hall

~lacey

1 comment:

anudivya said...

Aww! I hope you feel better. There is something about the food channel that is soothing isn't it? I fall asleep watching it!
Take care :)