Monday, June 30, 2008

brand new

Alright guys, this is my first *official* post in this blog. I'm excited to have this blog so I can publicly record everything I do and have done with food. I appreciate any and all feedback, so give it! If you haven't already, read my first post so you'll have a better understanding of what I'm all about.

Sooo, I decided to cook fish. I know, I'm a vegetarian. But if you know me you know my reasons for being vegetarian, so me cooking fish isn't as shocking as you would think. I'm not going to eat it myself, because I want the first meat I eat to be caught by me and cleaned and everything. I want the whole experience before I eat meat. I think anyone who eats meat needs to be able to do that.

Anyways, my parents have graciously volunteered to eat the fish themselves. I know my dad doesn't care too much for fish, but I turned him, a former pasta hater, into a self-proclaimed spaghetti lover...if I'm the one making it of course.

I got one pound of catfish for five bucks at our local grocery store. I had my Mom help me pick it out, because I have no idea what good fish looks like. We picked two fillets and the guy wrapped it up and handed it over. I brought it home and stuck it in the freezer, because I had my sister's baby shower to help make a cake for the next day, and I knew I wouldn't get at cooking the fish until today.

I researched allrecipes.com and found some ideas for cooking fish that I liked. I'll hopefully be cooking it up tonight if I get some of my work done, if not, tomorrow for sure. I plan on making either a rice dish for the side or some sort of roasted potatoes. We have some pretty awesome looking red potatoes right now that would make a great roasted potato dish.

Pictures will come! I love to photograph all my food, so along with reading about everything I'm making, readers, you can also enjoy drooling over pictures of the dishes as well!

That's all for now. I'm off to dream up new ideas for my fish dish soon.

~lacey


"
Fish is the only food that is considered spoiled once it smells like what it is."
P.J. O'Rourke




No comments: