I am the youngest of 6 kids, born and raised in California, where I live still. I, along with all my siblings, were raised with a vegetarian lifestyle, and my parents let us choose when we each got older if we wanted to continue with it or not. I believe God gave us animals to eat as we please, but He also taught us to love and care for them. I see nothing wrong with people eating meat. However, I completely disagree with the way those animals are treated just to sell more and more. Don't get me wrong, I'm not some tree-hugging animal-rights activist, I'm far from it. I believe God gave us power and authority over animals but not to treat them like we do.
So I chose to stay with the vegetarian lifestyle, for now at least. I plan to eat meat some day, and some day soon.
Me and my sister, Laurel, are both bakers and chefs, and we dream of owning our own bakery someday here in California. We're both going for our small business degrees, then we plan on opening our bakery as soon as possible, hopefully within the next 4-5 years. We've both been cooking for years, ever since I can remember. Our Mom is an awesome chef and she is the one who got both of us started in the kitchen. I firmly believe that if it weren't for her always cooking and baking new things, I would not be doing what I do now.
I love food. The past 5 yrs or so I have been developing my love for food and my desire to cook for those I love. It's my passion. I love seeing people happy because of what I do. Food is one of the greatest joys in life, and I thank God for it everyday, and for giving me the knack for all things food-related that He's given me.
So that about sums up what I want to say for now. I'll probably be editing this particular post over time, so you can get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
But, roughly, this is me!
~lacey
"I feel a recipe is only a theme, which an intelligent cook can play each time with a variation."
Madam Benoit

No comments:
Post a Comment