Sooo, I decided to make them!
Rolling the dough:
Toasted coconut:
Cutting the cookies:
Baked:
Finished cookies:
These were pretty fun to make. I got a little bored with the tedious work of topping each cookie with the coconut/caramel mixture, but it was still fun.OH! I did change something about the recipe, though (don't I always?). It calls for those individually wrapped caramels you buy in the candy bins at the store. I didn't use them because I didn't have them on hand, plus they don't taste as good as homemade caramel, plus its more fun to make it myself, PLUS homemade>store-bought. I had some caramel sauce on hand that I had made a few months ago for some pecan-caramel cheesecake, so I just used that instead. I suppose it was about a cup and a half total...don't quote me on that, though.
As far as the contest goes, I'll be entering one of the shots I got of the completed cookie, but the entries are unlimited, so I might try to make something else to submit before the deadline in July. The only catch is that I can't enter more than one entry for one recipe, so I'll have to choose another recipe. Which, of course, I won't mind.
~Lacey"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap." - Robert Fulghun

5 comments:
aaaaaaaaaaah cookiiiiies *drooling*
Enter! Enter as many as you can because you will win for sure!
Those cookies were delicious! Don't lose the recipe!
wow this looks so good!
Thanks! :)
Oh my, these look delicious! I must try!
Post a Comment