Who knows if any of you have noticed, but I have been out of it for close to three weeks now. I can offer my petty excuses, in hopes that you may forgive me for my absence, but I don't blame you if you cast me out forever. But if you do cast me out forever, remember this, someday you will wake up one morning and think to yourself, "What have I done?! Oh, God, what have I done?!"
Ok so maybe you won't be that dramatic about it. But here ya go.
I mentioned in posts way back, that my sister and I have been planning to sell fudge at an upcoming Christmas art show. Well, that was my first reason for my lack of postage, between school and getting things ready for the show, I had no time to cook anything else, or anything I felt like blogging about.
On Friday I was on a fudge making frenzy, as I had no school that day and the next day was the show. So I was getting the last batches of fudge made, and some other things in order. Well! I was so hyped up on sugar and the beat of the White Stripes was running through me, and as I went out to the pantry to get more cans of sweetened condensed milk, I, for some stupid reason unknown to me now, decided to try to carry about 10 cans of it in a stack in my arms back to the house. I phailed horribly. The cans fell out of my arms, down, down, down, and at least three of them landed on my second toe on my left foot. I spewed forth less than friendly words, and when I finally was able to gather the cans up and hobble inside, limping all the way, I realized one of the cans had a huge dent in it from the force of impact. Whether the dent appeared before or after it fell, or actually as it hit my toe, I do not know. I was in massive pain, that's all I knew.
To make a long story short, I ended up in the ER that night around midnight, because the pain never stopped, only intensified...I got some x-rays, which was kinda cool, (I would go into more detail, but it has nothing to do with food, so I'm trying to stay somewhat on subject of...fudge?) but they said I had no broken bones. Although, they did say I had a cautusion, which, really, is just a fancy word for bruise, but it's more impressive to call it a cautusion ;)
I became immobilized and couldn't walk for a few days, due to the severe pain of it all. Sure I may sound like a wussy, but I read somewhere that men have a higher tolerance for pain than women, with the one exception of childbirth, so I'll wait until I'm having a baby to show my real endurance :)
So...where was I going with this....oh yes. I ended up not being able to go to the show, unless I wanted to scare our customers away with grimaces and much wincing-type faces. So I opted out and let my sister handle it. She did excellent, and it was a huge hit. We made quite a nice profit, considering it was our first time selling our goods. I ended up with a wounded toe, but a pretty cool story, if I have time for details, plus the show was a success. Heck, at least 5 people told my sister our fudge tasted better than a local famous candy shop... :D
Anyways, theres my reason for my negligance to you all. I've been watching all your blogs still, and reading up on everything, just haven't made the effort to comment. I'll get back into it soon. Especially with Thanksgiving coming up.
I'm thinking of making an apple pie tomorrow...
That's all.
~lacey
"No man in the world has more courage than the man who can stop after eating one peanut."
-Channing Pollock
Oh, P.S. I recieved the Kreative Blogger award from Patsy over at Family, Friends, and Food. Thanks so much! I will pass it on as soon as I can, and when it's not 20 minutes until midnight. Sweet dreams, readers.

3 comments:
Now that is a serious toe story! I'm glad it's not broken, but that still sounds like a serious pain... in the foot. Did you play up the injury to your fudge patrons. Tell them it supports your bills :)
Well, it sounds like you are on the mend now! Quite the additional excitement that night, huh? ;)
Good to hear that your fudge was a success and that you made a profit! In spite of the pain, I imagine you were smiling when you found that out! Congratulations on your success!
hi ya mommy! i'm sorry your toe was in so much pain, but i must admit this version of the story was so much more interesting than the one you told me the day after. how come you always save the best stuff for your blog? *raises eyebrow* anywhos, just wanted to let ya know i loves ya! and glad to know you's feelin better... :D
Post a Comment